PDA

View Full Version : USB <> Com Port Adapters

W8BFG
21st October 2006, 19:25
Many newer PCs, both laptop and desktop, now come without the usual com port. This generates quite a number of "How do I connect my rig's serial/rs232 cable/interface to my PC". The answer is: a USB <=> comport adapter. Googling on USB to serial adapter or USB to serial comport adapter will provide a large number of sources of these little electronic marvels. Be aware that not all adapters are equal, and some are downright inferior. Those that install as a Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port generally are very good.

One proven sources of adapters is www.tripplite.com/keyspan (http://www.tripplite.com/keyspan)

Usual disclaimer about no financial involvement with the source, etc, etc.

***Update***

Keyspan was bought out by Tripplite quite some time ago, and the link has changed, so I've updated it.

72 de N8PVZ
---bernie

Rob AA6A
22nd October 2006, 00:02
And if you require more than one RS-232 connection Keyspan has a four port hub. It does the job if you need a serial connection for more than one device, such as your HF radio, plus Rotator, plus Handie Talkie programming cable, etc.

dvanhorn
25th November 2006, 22:22
I use Edgeports, they have one, two, four, and eight port solutions. You can get them from ebay at about $30 if you are patient. It's an industrial box, and I use them all over my business. I even have one mounted in the car for APRS.

Com 0 - 999, and they will work with the companion USB-Anywhere allowing you to use them through your twisted pair lan.

G0WBX
8th January 2007, 13:51
Hi..

From personal experience. Anything with a FTDI chipset is usually good. They have drivers and kits on thier website too, should you want to make your own for some reason...:D

http://www.ftdichip.com/ and poke about.

Dave.

KE5KZW
28th January 2007, 22:23
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone else use the IOGEAR (GUC232A) USB 1.1 to Serial Converter Cable ( http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GUC232A (http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GUC232A) ) to control their radio? I've noticed when I'm using PSK31 Deluxe that every time the led on the Serial Converter blinks it causes some hissing noise in the PC speakers.

Best Regards,
KE5KZW

KK7SS
7th February 2007, 23:12
Hi..

From personal experience. Anything with a FTDI chipset is usually good. They have drivers and kits on thier website too, should you want to make your own for some reason...:D
http://www.ftdichip.com/ and poke about.
Dave.

I have a Parallax FTDI USB=> serial adaptor. It installs as COM6.
I can't find a way to change this ALSO HRD is only showing COM1 and COM4.
Suggestions and/or fixes welcomed :-))

Dave KK7SS

W8BFG
7th February 2007, 23:57
I have a Parallax FTDI USB=> serial adaptor. It installs as COM6.
I can't find a way to change this ALSO HRD is only showing COM1 and COM4.
Suggestions and/or fixes welcomed :-))

In Control Panel, go to Performance & Maintenenace > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT). Right click on the Com6 port, then Properties > Port Settings > Advanced and then change Com Port Number to whatever you want. Then OK out. The port number may not display as changed until you close and reopen Device Manager.

If you have any additional problems/questions, please let us know.

72 de N8PVZ
---bernie

N1UY
10th March 2007, 03:16
Hello all, This should probably be in it's own thread but fits here too; I have a P4 dell Win2K with 1 on board COM port. I have many serial devices including an FT890w/HRD sooo I bought a 2 port PCI card and then a Tripp-Lite 4 port/USB adapter. None of which works right. I still swap cables for the on board port. Simple I/O/Ground devices work ok, but anything full spec won't. Am I buying the wrong cheap stuff or is there Win2K settings I haven't found yet? I've played with most of them.

I've read the other posts about different adapters but don't want to buy it twice.

Thx
Chris

W8BFG
10th March 2007, 06:39
snip>Am I buying the wrong cheap stuff or is there Win2K settings I haven't found yet? I've played with most of them.

I've read the other posts about different adapters but don't want to buy it twice.

One of the folks running W2K may have some ideas about W2K settings, but if you've tried all the various settings, and nothing works, you may have answered your own question: cheap isn't always best. Do the ports load up as Prolific adapters (check Device Manager)? Those generally seem to work without problems.

Also, have you checked the manufacturer's web site for the latest drivers, and is your W2K up to date w/patches and updates?

72 de N8PVZ
---bernie

san9jay
10th March 2007, 06:56
Do the devices show up in your Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager?

If they show up and have an exclamation mark next to them or a question mark that would indicate the drivers have not been installed.

Ensure you get the latest drivers for your OS and install it before testing.

/sanjay

N1UY
12th March 2007, 02:31
Hi all, Thanks for the help; Maybe I will just have to get a better adapter. My pci card shows as COM 3 and 4 and my USB adapter shows as COM5-8, with 'Working Properly' under each. Loopback tests work for all ports. QRPMaster- I'm not sure what 'Prolific' is.

W8BFG
12th March 2007, 03:24
<snip> QRPMaster- I'm not sure what 'Prolific' is.

Prolific Technology, company that makes the chips in the USB <> comport adapters, etc. They don't necessarily make the adapters, just the chips in the adapters that others make.

72 de N8PVZ
---bernie

N3OX
7th May 2007, 06:46
I suppose this is where to post this:

I'm using a USB <--> TTL serial adapter to control my Yaesu FT-857D using HRD.

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8165

I don't have a Yaesu cable; I just use this 0/+5V TTL port and found a plug for the radio.

There are other sources for this sort of adapter which uses an FT232RL by FTDI ... there was a recent QST article on using this chip for CI-V control.

This just happens to be the board I bought.

Dan

gastroham
24th May 2007, 18:58
I contacted Yaesu about a rs232 to usb adapter for their c62 CAT cable. They said that RT Sytems makes them for their use. I ordered one and received it within a week. It was $23 and was plug and play with the c62 cable and HRD.
Del/N0DS

Rob AA6A
3rd July 2007, 00:34
Was in contact with Keyspan today regarding their Four Port USB to Serial Hub Models USA-49WLC and USA-49G.

There will be Windows Vista Drivers for both models!

Currently, there is only the beta version of the Vista driver for the USA-49G version. It is anticipated that the production release of that driver will be in a few weeks.

Owners of the USA-49WLC model, will also have a Vista driver available, but there is no date yet known nor is there yet a beta version of a Vista driver.

Paul C
28th July 2008, 22:05
Last night and today I used three different RS232 to USB cables, all successfully, with my HP dv6000 series laptop, using Vista Home 32-bit.

Edgeport/1 by Digi.com (mentioned here before)

Sabrent http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1086963&CatId=447 This one uses the Prolific chipset and driver.

Those were both owned by my employer and I'd hate to go off to work leaving one of those on the back of my receiver, so this morning I bought my own adapter. This is by IOGear, www.iogear.com (http://www.iogear.com), model GUC232A.

But all three work well.

Rob AA6A
30th July 2009, 16:39
Last night and today I used three different RS232 to USB cables, all successfully, with my HP dv6000 series laptop, using Vista Home 32-bit.

Edgeport/1 by Digi.com (mentioned here before)

Sabrent http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1086963&CatId=447 This one uses the Prolific chipset and driver.

Those were both owned by my employer and I'd hate to go off to work leaving one of those on the back of my receiver, so this morning I bought my own adapter. This is by IOGear, www.iogear.com (http://www.iogear.com), model GUC232A.

But all three work well.
With which rig?

And, most importantly, at what baud rate?

G3ZOD
30th July 2009, 16:47
Last night and today I used three different RS232 to USB cables, all successfully, with my HP dv6000 series laptop, using Vista Home 32-bit...
That's useful to know, but anyone who uses Vista 64 bit needs to be careful - I have some USB/Serial adapters that are now useless because the manufacturer produced a 32 bit Vista driver but not a 64 bit Vista driver :(

Rich1245
30th November 2009, 14:34
After hooking up a Prolific Technology adapter cable and driver to use with a new HP laptop using Windows Vista Home Premium and my Kenwood TS-570, the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) appeared after only minutes of operation. This did not occur when I used it with an older laptop and XP. Yesterday I found an updated driver for the Prolific cable on their website PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10626.zip (http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/files//IO%20Cable/PL-2303/Drivers%20-%20Generic/Windows/allinone/PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10626.zip), downloaded it and so far I've had no BSOD after several hours of operating. Hope this helps someone.

Rich, W8YV

N2GJ
29th December 2009, 23:09
In Control Panel, go to Performance & Maintenenace > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT). Right click on the Com6 port, then Properties > Port Settings > Advanced and then change Com Port Number to whatever you want. Then OK out. The port number may not display as changed until you close and reopen Device Manager.

If you have any additional problems/questions, please let us know.

72 de N8PVZ
---bernie
Hi! Been away from HRD for a long time. Just got a PC with Vista 64 bit - the USB to Icom 756 PRO-III cable I have seemed to install OK (no errors) but I can't connect to the radio. HRD only shows COM3. I don't see anything that looks like COM/LPT in the Device Manager in Control Panel. Is that a feature of Vista perhaps? There's nary a serial port on this computer. No LPT that I can see either! Thanks for any advice. 73,
GJ

W8BFG
30th December 2009, 01:02
The Ports (Com & LPT) will only show if there's either a serial or LPT port on the system. If there's no serial and no LPT port, it does not show up. My guess is that your Vista PC is not recognizing your serial port, and you have no LPT port, so Ports (Com & Lpt) is not displayed.

It should look something like the attached, which is from my Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, laptop, so will look a bit different than yours.

As to your Com3, that could very well be your modem, if you have one. That shows up under the Modems selection, not Ports(Com & Lpt). To see what port your modem is on, click on the "+" next to Modems, double click on the name of your modem, then click on the Modem tab.

steve181
31st December 2009, 16:39
Considering your comment on Prolific, below is my recent experience with update speed probelms and bandscope using a Prolific based cable:

1 - Bandscope ran perfectly on FT897 with slow old Win XP PC and CT-62 cable at 4800 bps using HRD V4.0 build 1901

2 - Due to 1 sec. delay in S meter, bandscope does not work well on same FT 897 with Win 7, 64 bit fast PC using CAT to USB cable at 4800 bps and HRD 5.0 build 2434

3 - Just ran FT897 on same PC as in item 1 above but with CAT to USB cable from Item 2 above, (Kawa from Ebay, uses Prolific 2303 chip) at 4800 bps using HRD V4.0 build 1901. Same 1 second S meter problem.

By deduction, it appears to be the CAT to USB cable!!!

- Have seen many other HRD 4 FT 897 posts of similar problem. Suggested fixes do not work for me.

Does anyone have a working bandscope on FT 897? What specific cable, USB or RS232, serial settings, HRD version?

Thanks, Steve

F4GBO
20th January 2010, 17:49
Hi,

I've a serial-usb cable for my FT1000 MP.
I connect this cable on the yeasu, and the usb on nmy computer. It don't work. I have a message : Frequeny 0, check if the power switch is in on position, and if you have the right cable.

So, I'm running on Vista. The power is : ON (of coursse), I'm on the good port (COM6), but nothing.

I have tried on a notebook, it's work. I don't unte rstand why, it don't work on my PC. I've checked the port, it's ok. I have tried to uninstall the driver, and intall it again, I have tried to shut down my antivirus and firewall, but nothing.

If some body can help me.

Thanks, and 73

Xavier F4GBO

W8BFG
20th January 2010, 19:36
Xavier,

if you haven't already done so, checkt the Thread at

http://forums.ham-radio.ch/showthread.php?t=10946

Excellent Thread, escpecially the first Post, on the issue of failing to read frequency.

WA8YXM
21st January 2010, 17:24
Considering your comment on Prolific, below is my recent experience with update speed probelms and bandscope using a Prolific based cable:

Interesting.. I too used a Prolific adapter for some time.. However here is what I found

GPS (Garmin E-Trex) it reads perfectly.. There is no provision for sending data to the Garmin E-Trex so that was not a problem

Yesau FT-51R programmer cable.. No joy there, will not send the proper signal levels to teh FT-51R to initate memory transfer eitehr way

Kenwood TS-2000 data port.. Same song, verse 2

Kenwood TS-2000 PTT line via a home made optical interface Worked great, and of course was wired to default to RECEIVE when first plugged in.. NOTE: This may be significant.

Well. the prolific failed and I switched in a Belkin adapter.

The Belkin would read FREQUENCY off the TS-2000 and of course it reads the Garmin fine (never tried it with the FT-51R) but it would not work with the Kenwood Memory Manager for the TS-2000. No joy at all there.

So I used it to replace PTT adapter (Prolific) when the Prolific failed.. Now the thing defaluts to TRANSMIT (Good thing I put in a manual disable switch in the PTT line)

The prolific is high when it should be low, and low when it should be high it appears.. Now software fixes this.. but it has to be fixed.

Oh, the adapter I got from RT-Industries that is 100% guaranteed to work with all their cables and adapters including the one for the FT-51R.......

Let's say I have no warranty complants there.. Works with the Garmin, The FT-51R, The TS-2000 using HRD or the memory manager or anything else I choose to use. I mean it works, PERIOD, it works.

Have not tried it on the PTT line yet though.. And likely won't since it's got more important work to do.

Would like to pick up another prolific for PTT though

F4GBO
22nd January 2010, 18:38
Xavier,

Excellent Thread, escpecially the first Post, on the issue of failing to read frequency.

Thanks for your respost. I have checked this thread, and nothing. I've uninstalled HRD, installed it again, and nothing. Always the same message : frequency=0

F4GBO
26th January 2010, 18:36
Hi,

I have the serial usb cable baught to ZLP Electronics. I have plugged my FT1000MP on computer, and I have always the same message : Frequency=0, .......

So, todday, I have downloaded a little progs for MP : Test 4MP. This is a little prog, that test your communication with the 1000MP. I have this message : Com3 is OK, but the FT1000MP isn't.

Xavier F4GBO

steve181
27th February 2010, 14:51
To WA8YXM:

Interesting. What is the model number of the adaptor you have from RT Industries? What OS are you using - Win 7, 64 bit ???

See my latest post (2/26/10) in a new thread on the Prolific topic. I have been in email contact with Prolific in Tiawan and tried their latest (Nov. 2009) driver. It fails completely, returning error code 10. This problem has also been reported by others on the Microsoft site. At least their 2008 driver worked for most HRD functions except for bandscope. If I can't find a brand that works I may have to go back to the old version.

My advice for now, unless someone can prove me wrong: If you are running Win 7, especially 64 bit, the Prolific drivers are not yet mature enough to use for HRD.

Steve

W1TR
7th March 2010, 02:02
check the N1MM logger site, we have been accumulating information on USB to SERIAL I/O devices that work properly with the N1MM under XP, Vista, and Win7
Folks have found out that the FTDI ones work better than the Prolific as well.
Terry / W1TR

WI4T
7th March 2010, 13:02
I just noticed that another thread posted today has an update on a prolific driver that might just work. It is for GPS but it is reported to possibly work.

I have not tried it yet so use at your own risk!

I hope this link works....

http://forums.ham-radio.ch/showthread.php?t=19212

Greg
WI4T

WA8YXM
7th March 2010, 15:02
To WA8YXM:

Interesting. What is the model number of the adaptor you have from RT Industries? What OS are you using - Win 7, 64 bit ???

Steve RT industries only carreies one RS-232 adapter

it is the RTS-03 and is the last item on the following link
http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/othercables_template.cfm

I was reading up-thread where someone said they had a prolific driver that might work.. Having chatted with RT-Tech support I suspect it's a hardware issue (Wrong voltages) and thus you can't fix it in software.. Prolific adapters do, however, receive properly (Since they do not generate voltage in receive) and if you plug a GPS receiver like my Garmin E-Trex into 'em.. They are work very very well.

Just don't send properly.

John M
8th March 2010, 02:15
If both the pc & radio use rs 232 why do I need an adapter to usb? irher than a direct 232 to 232 cable does not work.

W9ZO
8th March 2010, 03:33
If both the pc & radio use rs 232 why do I need an adapter to usb? irher than a direct 232 to 232 cable does not work.
Newer computers do not come with a com port, which necessitates using a usb to com adapter, or adding a PCI or PCI-e serial card.
If your computer has a com port, you do not need the adapter.
Pat - W9ZO

ei9feb
9th March 2010, 14:54
I do have serial ports on all my PCs, but I got a FT8xx CAT cable cheap (under $10 I think) in China/Hong Kong with Built in USB. It works fine on RX, but needs a lot of ferrite chokes to work on TX.

However now I have built a CatPad (large Speaker/Microphone with DTMF keypad in SW and 128x64 graphic display). Sort of a "fist mic" version of HRD/FT817 commander :)

It uses a PIC 18F4550. The serial port (TTL direct to CAT port via 2 x 22 Ohm resistors) is 38400 and it has a USB mini B connector to save/load bands on PC.

The **Problem**
It has a "pass through mode". Every 100us approx (meant to be 250us) it checks if serial or USB byte and copies it. This works fine with FT817 Commander, with FT817 commander at 4800, 9600 or 38,400 baud as it's a fake baud rate, It's COM8 USB port.

However HRD 4.1 build 2321 beta can't connect. It goes "reading frequency" decides frequency is zero, error.

The HRD does work with my anonymous USB cat adaptor (even on Com19!), separate Prolific USB - serial adaptor and home made CAT-RS232 adaptor and the home made Cat adaptor direct on COM1.

Any thoughts? Is it latency on the pass through of the commands, about 300us per byte?

[Edit: may be same issue as RigExpert? http://forums.ham-radio.ch/showpost.php?p=99987&postcount=25]

F4GBO
19th March 2010, 18:31
Xavier,

Thanks. Now it work with the usb-serial cable.
I've checked this tread, and nothing. Always the same problem. So, I've decided to bring the Yeasu FT1000 MP in a repair store to check the CAT connection. The problem was into the rig.

I've received my rig, and now no problem, it work fine. YESSSSSSS

Thanks for your help

Xavier F4GBO

W1JCW
15th May 2010, 18:26
I have having the same issue as f4gbo.

I can communicate with the ZLP USB - serial I/F via the PC.

I launch HRD and it wont read Freq 0 and times out.
I get no display from the radio.

I have tried all baud settings ect with no luck.

Suggestions ???

W1JCW
15th May 2010, 21:31
I have having the same issue as f4gbo.

I can communicate with the ZLP USB - serial I/F via the PC.

I launch HRD and it wont read Freq 0 and times out.
I get no display from the radio.

I have tried all baud settings ect with no luck.

Suggestions ???

Figured it out !! :)

It would seem there needs to be a 4700 ohm resistor fitted inside
the 6 pin din plug.

It goes between the two pins black and the yellow wires.

Set the rig up for HRD comms 4800 and that was it.

The installation would have been real simple if the darn interface cable was configured
with that resistor.

Neil you need to make a comment on your website about this modification so we do not
spend days and lots of emails trying to fix a hardware issue. :bang

K5JFO
15th November 2010, 16:14
I ordered a USB adapter off of EBay from AffordableRadio in Ontario. I';m not sure what chip it uses. I have a Toshiba Laptop 64bit running VISTA, and interfaced fine until I started to launch the Spotting Program. It seems that once it's up & running if I change freq on my FT-450, I get the Windows death screen! and it shuts down rather quickly with this message:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000090
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFFA6000866ABB
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

any help or suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks, Sam

WA8YXM
16th November 2010, 15:44
I have a problem.. This is with the RTS-3 from RT enterprises.. It's an FTDI (I think that is the right letters) the one that works best.

However when I boot the computer and launch HRD, the port shows up in Device manager. but no frequency response from the TS-2000

I unplug the adapter and plug it back in and.. It works

I also have a BELKIN.. adapter I use for PTT.. Not sure what chip set it uses but... It's doing what it should..
Since the Belkin defaults to "Xmit" (I could flip the LED and make it work the other way but I"d rather replace the Prolific that used to drive PTT) I figured out that a simple batch file in my startup directory could "Fix" it (I used to fire up DM-780 and with the transmit inhibit on the interface active (Yes, I included a toggle switch just in case something like this happened when I built it) I'd send a single character.. Thus turning it off.

The batch file contains a "MODE" command.. the MODE command turns off the DTS and RTS lines.. Works as it should.

Now.... Just for the heck of it I tried the same mode command for the RTS-3.. The command echoed

"Device not present"

Unplugging and re-connecting and it worked,, So of course, does HRD.

NOTE: This did not happen with the old mother board, Only since I replaced it.. I had the Belkin as COM-2 and the RTS-3 as com-3, Swapped it due to another program. No change, Moved the RTS-3 to Com-4 (Seems to work better that way) and still no change.

Since I know how to work around it.. Not a big problem, but I'm open to suggestions.

KX5JT
13th January 2011, 06:57
My Belkin USB to Serial adapter stopped working and smells burnt. I have a desktop with Windows XP home and I have a Sony Vaio notebook with Windows 7 Home 32 bit.

I need a usb to serial for rig control. Which is the best?

Thanks 73 John KX5JT

VE2DX
13th January 2011, 08:42
to wa8yxm.... Have you check to make certain your driver is up to date? what os are you running

to John... The issue is one of Win7... FTDI USB serial adapters chip set based units seems to be the only ones properly supported by Win7...

Richard ve2dx

laah80
23rd February 2011, 15:30
Hi.
I have the qp com interface model qp-udb9, the hdr is install in windows 7 and i am using a ic-r8500 radio, after a while of using the hrd i lost control of the radio, the frecuency do not change and if a want to close the hrd, when the program is closing the ports the hrd stops working, i have to end the proces whit the administrator console then i have to unplug and plug the cable interface so i can use the hrd again, sometimes the sistem it gave me the blue death screen.
What can i do.

W8BFG
23rd February 2011, 15:57
Hi.
I have the qp com interface model qp-udb9, the hdr is install in windows 7 and ... after a while of using the hrd i lost control of the radio, <snip> [and] sometimes the sistem it gave me the blue death screen.
What can i do.

Sounds like the classic symptoms of the USB <> Serial adapter and/or its driver not being Win 7 compatible. Perhaps you could check the adapter manufacturer's web page (if there is one) to see if there's a Win 7 compatible driver. If not, welll...you may need to start looking around for a different and Win 7 compatible adapter and driver. Another option is, if you have a desktop w/an open slot, you could install a PCI or PCIe serial card (depends on your system as to which type) with a real serial port. Those generally seem to resolve the issue. If no open slot....well, I don't know.

G4POP
23rd February 2011, 17:02
Hi.
I have the qp com interface model qp-udb9, the hdr is install in windows 7 and i am using a ic-r8500 radio, after a while of using the hrd i lost control of the radio, the frecuency do not change and if a want to close the hrd, when the program is closing the ports the hrd stops working, i have to end the proces whit the administrator console then i have to unplug and plug the cable interface so i can use the hrd again, sometimes the sistem it gave me the blue death screen.
What can i do.

USB to serial converter problem - either change the converter, update the driver or better still invest in a PCI card with a couple of serial ports attached for about US$10

k7gav
27th May 2011, 20:50
to WA8YXM: i do not mean to be rude but you have the wrong usb serial port cat converter need to get rid of it and call rt systems again and order the right CAT INTERFACE which is the USB63B cat cable that will operate the Kenwood TS-2000 much better i know i have been successful with the cat interface no trouble at all not crashing win 7 at all reads frequency's just fine 73s greg k7gav hope this helps

KC0EM
30th June 2012, 20:19
Hi,

I just upgraded from version 5.0 to version 5.22. I now have a problem with DM 780. Receive is working. The first new transmission I make after opening the program works beautifully. Every transmission after that generates an error message that says Com6 has stopped working. It is the port the software sets up for the USB to serial converter. It has the latest driver. I also operate JT 65 HF and have HRD control the rig and there is no problem there either before or after the upgrade.

The rig is a TS 480 SAT. The interface is a SignaLink USB. The computer is an HP Pavilion Elite HPE. It has an ADM processor running at 2.8ghz. It's using a 64-bit system with six gigs of RAM.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. I even tried uninstalling version 5.22 and reinstalling version 5. It now has the same problem. Thanks for your help. I am not sure if this thread is even active, but I am posting in hope. Hi Hi

VC KCEM

texashorseman
30th June 2012, 20:24
Try upgrading to 5.23. Its the newest one out there.

Johnny

WA5VSK
6th August 2012, 02:27
Anyone have experience with Gearmo multi serial port usb connectors. Running Win 7 from laptop. Tried the connection straight from the computers USB port then tried it through a powered Belkin USB hub. Can't connect either way with my IC Pro3. Any ideas?

Oh yes, I am running the latest version of HRD.
Thanks.
Bob WA5VSK