JTAlert No Longer Supporting HRDLOG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTAlert No Longer Supporting HRDLOG

VK3AMA's announcement that future releases of JTAlert will no longer support HRDLOG leaves many of us in a bind. Sure there are manual work arounds, but looks like a good opportunity for some enterprising soul to implement a third party bridge between JTAlert and HRDLOG. Any ideas out there?
    Last edited by N4ST; 12-31-16, 00:49. Reason: Corrected Laurie's callsign
    73, Jim - N4ST
    __________________________________________________ __
    3GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB, Win10 64-bit, TASCAM US-322, FTDI, Ten-Tec Omni VII, HRD 6.2.3.410

With the departure of Paul (W4PC), the problem between Laurie and HRD may resolve itself.

Comment

oh wow, I hadn't heard about JTAlert no longer supporting HRDLog, I hope this gets fixed!

Jerry KB2GCG

Comment

If the present JTAlert is working good then simply do not update it and I use JTDX which creates a ADIF of all logged contacts this could be imported into Logbook so there are options. Lots are panicking when its really not necessary. 73 Morris WA4MIT

Comment

I've attempted to reach Laurie to discuss this. I've not received a reply.

If anyone has a relationship with Laurie, can you let him know I'd like to speak with him?

Mike, WA9PIE
          Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
          Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
          Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
          9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
          Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
          [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
          CW Honor Roll (289)
          SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
          Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
          Mixed Honor Roll (176)
          CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
          Mixed Honor Roll (953)
          CW (562)
          SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
          Yaesu FTdx5000MP, Yaesu Quadra System, microKEYER II
          Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:
          Yaesu FT-857D and Digikeyer II

Comment

Mike I have sent an email to Laurie hope it helps. I hope that some solution can be reached. Good to know you are trying. Thanks Morris WA4MIT 73

Comment

Laurie has posted on his yahoo group today that for now his decision to drop HRD support is firm. Hate to hear that but I will just stick with his present version as long as it works and will see what happens down the road. 73 GL Morris WA4MIT

Comment

JTAlertX can maintain an ADIF log. When a JTAlertX has an upgrade that I "must have", I will switch over to the ADIF log and periodically import that into HRD Log. Liekwise, every now and then I will export my HRD JT QSOs with their QSL status to a file to be scanned by JTAlert to update the "wanted" list.
                Last edited by N4ST; 01-10-17, 00:15.
                73, Jim - N4ST
                __________________________________________________ __
                3GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB, Win10 64-bit, TASCAM US-322, FTDI, Ten-Tec Omni VII, HRD 6.2.3.410

Comment

Maintaining two logs is not acceptable. The two sides MUST get together and resolve this issue for the benefit of all amateurs that use HRD and JTAlert.

Comment

Originally posted by WA3CAS View Post
                    Maintaining two logs is not acceptable. The two sides MUST get together and resolve this issue for the benefit of all amateurs that use HRD and JTAlert.

There are 3 options if you don't wish to maintain an ADIF log.
                    1. Don't upgrade JTAlert and continue to run ver 2.8.6 which is still the latest release
                    2. Abandon using HRD and use something else that is supported by JTAlert.
                    3. Abandon using JTAlert and use something else.

FWIW...
                    Currently the only published HRD Logging API, according to HRD Support, is no longer supported. Several JTAlert users who have reported logging defects (known defects within the API, not defects within JTAlert) to Support have been advised that the old API is obsolete and that there is a new API, and that is what the JTAlert author should be using (that is me). These API defects have been previously reported to support along with instructions on how to reproduce the defects using a simple telnet client (that is without JTAlert involvement).

The only information I have been able to get from support was a link to an N1MM webpage where the XML schema of logging packet used by N1MM is described. That information lacks any instructions on using that information with HRDLogbook. There are numerous data fields missing from that schema that are needed for logging a QSO. Previous posts (to the dedicated API sub forum) itemising the missing data fields in the N1MM XML schema and requesting additional information regarding this new, unpublished, API never received a response and were deleted by the moderate a day or two later and after 3 such posts without a response, my posting privileges were removed (thus the reason for posting this using my alternate callsign).

Attached is a copy of my previous forum posts (for those that will likely assume the content of the posts was the cause for their deletion and removal of my posting privileges)

#HRD N1MM API Forum Post 2016-11-06_12-26-51.png

#JRD N1MM API #1 Forum Post 2016-11-06_12-28-52.png
                    All of the above itemised fields are currently supported by the old "obsolete" API.
                    While some of the missing fields are non-critical, some, in my opinion, are "show stoppers".

de Laurie VK3TC (aka VK3AMA)

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Laurie. As a very satisfied user of JTAlert and HRD I hope things can be fixed soon. Many thanks for a great piece of software.
                      Regards, Antony G4CUS

TS990 - Quadra
                      Signalink-usb - RS232 to usb adapter - http://www.easysync-ltd.com
                      Windows 10 AMD A8-5500 APU 3.20GHz 64-bit 10GB RAM
                      HRD 6.3.0.613

Comment

Originally posted by VK3TC View Post
                        There are 3 options if you don't wish to maintain an ADIF log.
                        1. Don't upgrade JTAlert and continue to run ver 2.8.6 which is still the latest release
                        Hi Laurie,

first of all a HNY to you and yours and thank you for your great software. Could you tell me where to download JTalert 2.8.6 which will work with HRD 6.3 as you said?

I'm looking forward to your reply and I also hope that you will negotiate with Mike.

73s
                        Saki

Comment

Originally posted by VK3TC View Post
                          All of the above itemised fields are currently supported by the old "obsolete" API.
                          While some of the missing fields are non-critical, some, in my opinion, are "show stoppers".

de Laurie VK3TC (aka VK3AMA)
                          Laurie,

I sent you an email and haven't heard back. I'd like to discuss what we can do together to resolve this for our users. I'm entirely open to suggestions.

Mike, WA9PIE
                          HRD Software, LLC
                          Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
                          Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
                          Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
                          9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
                          Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
                          [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
                          CW Honor Roll (289)
                          SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
                          Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
                          Mixed Honor Roll (176)
                          CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
                          Mixed Honor Roll (953)
                          CW (562)
                          SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
                          Yaesu FTdx5000MP, Yaesu Quadra System, microKEYER II
                          Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:
                          Yaesu FT-857D and Digikeyer II

Comment

JTAlert Version History:
                            2.9.0 (19-JAN-2017)

**** Important HRD V6 Logging Information **** HRD V6 logging is not supported by this version (or future versions). **** JTAlert 2.8.7 is the last version to support HRD V6 logging.
                            Last edited by DO1IP; 01-20-17, 01:33.
                            Vy 73, de Udo
                            DO1IP

Windows 10 PRO 64bit
                            HP Elitebook Intel I5, 8Gig Ram
                            TRX: Kenwood TS-590S

Comment

I choose to stick with JTAlert v2.8.7.

Last edited by WA3CAS; Yesterday, 14:14. Reason: Removed link to v2.8.7 on my DropBox account.

Comment

Working...
                              X