Thread: HF Remote Base

KX3DX

Default HF Remote Base

Hello everyone,

Here's what I want to do...I have Echolink and I have Ham Radio Deluxe. Both support DDE. I have VB6. I have formal training in C, Fortran, assembler and VB but that training is 20 years old but I haven't written any code in 10 years. I want to be able to take DTMF commands from Echolink and send them to my TS-940 radio to act as a HF remote base. From what I'm reading I should be able to write a VB program to act as a go between between Echolink and Ham Radio Deluxe. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this. Also, the DDE info on the web might be old and out of date? From what I'm gathering there's quite a few more things accessable through DDE than is presently documented. I hate to bother the author directly. Comments?

BTW, HRD is nice - the nicest rig control program I've come across. Thanks for making it freeware.

Dave
    KX3DX

KX3DX

No takers. I'm a little surprised no one has replied. Back in the mid 80's I had a Comshack 64 HF remote base setup on the local 2m machine. The HF equipment was at my house with a full duplex 440 mHz link to the 2m repeater site. We had a blast with that setup. It was fun to call CQ 160M mobile with a KW base station signal. Cheating but fun. Is there not any interest out there for this kind of system?

Anyways, I'm going to try to figure this out on my own as time permits. Any hints or pointers are appreciated.

Dave
    KX3DX

Simon HB9DRV

Quote Originally Posted by KX3DX
    No takers. I'm a little surprised no one has replied. Back in the mid 80's I had a Comshack 64 HF remote base setup on the local 2m machine. The HF equipment was at my house with a full duplex 440 mHz link to the 2m repeater site. We had a blast with that setup. It was fun to call CQ 160M mobile with a KW base station signal. Cheating but fun. Is there not any interest out there for this kind of system?

Anyways, I'm going to try to figure this out on my own as time permits. Any hints or pointers are appreciated.

Dave
    KX3DX
    Hi,

This is a quite complicated project - let me discuss it with Peter so that I understand this properly.

KX3DX

Default Need info

Is there any updated documentation for the DDE interface?

Dave KX3DX

Simon HB9DRV

Default Re: Need info

Quote Originally Posted by KX3DX
    Is there any updated documentation for the DDE interface?

Dave KX3DX
    All I know is here: http://hrd.ham-radio.ch/ddeinterfaces.html.

If you can design a solution let me know and we can see whether it can be implemented.

WA3O

Default Re: HF Remote Base

Is anyone still interested in DTMF control of their radio via skype?...I am working on a version that connects to HRD via Telnet and enables you to use your rig via a touch tone phone.

Thanks

Mike WA3O

Unhappy Re: HF Remote Base

Quote Originally Posted by WA3O View Post
    Is anyone still interested in DTMF control of their radio via skype?...I am working on a version that connects to HRD via Telnet and enables you to use your rig via a touch tone phone.

Thanks

Mike WA3O
    You may not have noticed, but this is a rather OLD thread, the last Post before yours was 24 March 2005 -- over SIX years ago. The only two Posters were Simon, HB9DRV, HRD's author, who's now exclusively dealing with the SDR Project, and KX3DX, who's last visit (the last time he logged on) was 25Dec2009 (see Thumbnail).

I suspect neither one has much interest in this anymore.

Clipboard01.jpg

KX3DX

Default Re: HF Remote Base

Yeah, I'd be interested.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by WA3O View Post

Thanks

Mike WA3O

Thread Information