Thread: FT897 cable (USB-62B)

va3jbo

Default FT897 cable (USB-62B)

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am trying to setup my Yaesu FT897 with HRD. I have a cable USB-62B, when setting up the radio onto HRD, it does not find the radio. Tried different COM setting, including auto-detect. Nothing works. Am I using the wrong cable?

Owner, Lead Programmer     TestTeam
        Administrator

Default Re: FT897 cable (USB-62B)

Quote Originally Posted by va3jbo View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum. I am trying to setup my Yaesu FT897 with HRD. I have a cable USB-62B, when setting up the radio onto HRD, it does not find the radio. Tried different COM setting, including auto-detect. Nothing works. Am I using the wrong cable?
    Did you install the driver? and if so, which serial port does it show up at in device manager?

Lightbulb Re: FT897 cable (USB-62B)

va3jbo,

Welcome to the Forums. I've Moved the Thread to the Interfacing > Computer <> Radio Forum.

As Rick W4PC asked, please check to see which Com Port you're connected to. Also, make sure the speed set in HRD's FT-897 connection, as well as the CIV address, match that set in the rig. And don't use Auto-Detect, that mostly doesn't work very well. Use the actual speed and com port.
    Last edited by W8BFG; 24th February 2012 at 01:00. Reason: Editting issues.

Smile Re: FT897 cable (USB-62B)

One More Thing:

I had to look this up, as I've never owned an 897, but had an 857 once, which is quite similar as far as CAT (rig software control) is concerned.

Make sure that Menu Mode 020 (CAT/Lin/Tun) is set to CAT, which enables the CAT jack for CAT control. If 020 is set to Lin or Tun, you can't do CAT (Computer Assisted Transceiver) control of the rig; i.e., the PC can't talk to the rig.

This has been an occasional issue other 857/897 owners have run into in the past.

Thread Information