Thread: Yaesu Ft897d With Fc30 Tuner

Default Yaesu Ft897d With Fc30 Tuner

I HAVE THE ABOVE RIG BUT UNABLE TO USE THE FC30 AUTO TUNER FEATURE AS THE CAT CONTROL CABLE USES THE SAME PORT,HOW DI I TUNE THE RIG USING HAM RADIO DELUXE VER 3.4 ???

G4POP

Default Re: Yaesu Ft897d With Fc30 Tuner

Hi
    Get the G4ZLP interface and then the cat control is via mike socket leaving rear socket free for FC 30 or whatever - Mike is also useable at same time

Works great on my FT897 and FT857

Terry

Teme

Hi, I were wrestling with same problem. In Yaesu's manual could be founded, that there is simultaneously and paraller way use CAT connection thru the frontface mic-connector (RJ45). Guide will be founded in couple separated colums, please refer CAT connector back for right wiring.

You need only separate ordinary mike connector wiring and Mike - PTT stays on working, but UP/DN buttons will not work.

Probably best way to do this is, buy ready made connector or interface box. But alternative way you could make that cord with readymade LAN (used in computers network {comp2} ) cord. Just measure those lines and solder right ones together. Hide your work in matchbox (or equal) and you are wizard. Hope meet you in waves.

best soldering and 73's
    de Teme, OH2HQE

Senior Member     TestTeam WB8NBI's Avatar

I agree with Terry, Get Z4GLP's interface It connot be beat.
    Works very well with the FT-897 and the Ft-857.
    Jimmy (WB8NBI)
    Icom IC-7100 USB digital, with Metron MA-1000B 500 watts out with 20 in when needed. Palstar AT1500DT tuner.
    Icom IC-706MK2g with SignaLink USB for digital
    Yaesu FT-817ND with LDG Z-817 auto tuner.
    Main Radio computer Shuttle DS61 V1.1 with Intel 2 Core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz , 120Gb SSD HD. 16GB DDR3, Ext DVD ram drive, 1Tb SSD Hybrid USB 3.0 Ext hard drive.
    Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit.
    Acer 24 in. Wide screen, AOC 21.5 in Wide screen.
    Also testing with Microsoft Surface Pro. Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit.

Angry Re: Yaesu Ft897d With Fc30 Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1MK View Post
    I HAVE THE ABOVE RIG BUT UNABLE TO USE THE FC30 AUTO TUNER FEATURE AS THE CAT CONTROL CABLE USES THE SAME PORT,HOW DI I TUNE THE RIG USING HAM RADIO DELUXE VER 3.4 ???
    Thanks guys for your replys, The DM DUAL USB Multi face unit and YC004 arrived from the UK about ten days ago. So far i have only been able to look at the bright LED glowing on the unit. ( I must say Its a lot brighter than me) I am unable to connect via USB to HRD (great Programm) I get the message software installed but your hardware might not work so what now ???

Cheers Don ZL1MK
    (PS is anyone comming to ZL Land, have spare double room, free. Ten acres of land, five goats two dogs and two cats and just a few radios.)
    Last edited by ZL1MK; 26th December 2006 at 09:04. Reason: spelling

G4POP

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1MK View Post
    Thanks guys for your replys, The DM DUAL USB Multi face unit and YC004 arrived from the UK about ten days ago. So far i have only been able to look at the bright LED glowing on the unit. ( I must say Its a lot brighter than me) I am unable to connect via USB to HRD (great Programm) I get the message software installed but your hardware might not work so what now ???

Cheers Don ZL1MK
    (PS is anyone comming to ZL Land, have spare double room, free. Ten acres of land, five goats two dogs and two cats and just a few radios.)
    You need to ensure that the USB port is configured correctly and that the G4ZLP software is installed to enable you to read the USB as a com port

The instructions show how to identify if the USB is working (Should be visible in the device manager when the G4ZLP unit is powered up and not visible with no power) and how to identify the com port number.

If you still have problems contact G4ZLP for assistance

Terry

Lightbulb Re: Yaesu Ft897d With Fc30 Tuner

Moved Thread here. as it seems to be more of an interfacing issue, then a Yaesu issue.

72 de N8PVZ
    ---bernie

m1cdq

I believe there is a y adapter about for this problem cant remember where i saw it .

that one of the reasons i went for the AT897 tuner as it has a loop through for cat control

Thread Information