John K7HV

Default FT-857D menu settings for HRD

Well, I have only myself to blame; I had HRD working great with the G4ZLP CAT-62 serial interface, but then I went and reset my Yaesu FT-857D to factory defaults to fix a problem with keying - it fixed the keying problem, but now I can NOT get HRD to work again, it does not recognize the radio. I set the baud rate to 38400 and tried to find the other settings/info (here and in Google) , but to no avail. If someone can run down the menus and settings or point me to the info, it would be greatly appreciated. I promise to print em and stick them in my Yaesu manual - and return to being a silent, grateful, lurker...

thanks in advance and 73

-John, K7HV
    k7hv at arrl.net

Please do not list email addresses as it only invites spam.
    Better to click on the "longwire" name at the top left and choose to send a private message.

Last edited by W9ZO; 4th December 2007 at 02:24. Reason: edited to avoid spam

Arrow Re: FT-857D menu settings for HRD

Per my FT-857D manual :rtfm, the only two menu settings that might affect things are #19 Cat Rate (set it o whatever HRD is set for, and sounds like you did that), and menu #20 Cat/Lin/Tun (make sure it's set to rhe default of CAT).

Beyond that, what type of interface are you using (the CT-62, perhaps)? Usual/obvious suggestion of checking the connections, good & tight. Couldn't hurt to unplug/replug each end, just in case.

72 de N8PVZ
    ---bernie

Default Re: FT-857D menu settings for HRD

Once you have the correct CAT rate set and checked in both the rig and HRD program, it wouldn't hurt to restart the program to see if that makes a difference.
    Note: If this post was helpful, please click on the six pointed star icon at lower left.

Web Site: https://sites.google.com/site/malfam2/w9zo

Unhappy Re: FT-857D menu settings for HRD

Quote Originally Posted by W9ZO View Post
    Once you have the correct CAT rate set and checked in both the rig and HRD program, it wouldn't hurt to restart the program to see if that makes a difference.
    FWIW, one thing I've noticed about the FT-857D is that if I go into Menu mode while connected to HRD, HRD stops responding correctly, and I have to restart it. Very Strange. {comp2}

---bernie

John K7HV

Default Re: FT-857D menu settings for HRD

THANKS to the kind souls that responded... my mistake was not setting one of the menus (I am at work and dont remember which) that specified what to do with the CAT connection - all is well. Now that I have a CAT62 cable, I will figure out which software I need to save the settings in the rig...for now they are written in my manual

While I am here, my sincere thanks to Simon and all those who created, maintained and continue to upgrade this amazing program. It makes it easy operate whithout having to dig through the menus... (in my case, TOO easy - how soon I forget!). It has performed flawlessly for me...

Thanks again for your help

de k7hv

Talking Re: FT-857D menu settings for HRD

Yet Another Happy, Satisfied, Customer. {jive}[j]

72 de N8PVZ
    ---bernie

BTW, if you find any software that allows you to save/restore the FT-857D Menu settings, etc, please Post the info here, I'd like to be able to save them as well.

Thread Information