Olivia 8/250 transmit frequency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olivia 8/250 transmit frequency

When transmitting in Olivia 8/250 or Contestia 8/250 the TX frequency is approx 120 hz lower than where the receive cursor is located on the waterfall. Not sure what is causing the shift. Any ideas?

John, Welcome to the Forum

It would be helpful if we know what version of HRD you are using and what is your radio and interface ...

That being said I tried Olivia 8/250 on my setup and saw no offset ..

I wonder if you have tried PSK or RTTY-45(AFSK) or any other sound-card mode ?.. If so do you see the same offset ??

There is a transmit offset in 'Program Options', 'QSO', 'General' ... it allows an offset of +/- 100 HZ, normal setting is zero ... however that would show up as an offset in all modes ...

If it shows in all modes then you might try a soundcard calibration .... found under 'Program Options', 'Soundcard' ... These however are usually small offsets of 20-30 Hz

Of course the most obvious is the transmit lock (split mode) ... Padlock on menu bar
    Last edited by W3RJW; 03-20-17, 19:50.
    Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.638
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, SteppIR Interface

Comment

Working...
    X