X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting server level cluster filters

Hi All,

Is it possible to get the cluster to only spot SSB,FM,AM modes and not CW or DIGI? I've nothing against them but don't use those modes. I suspect there's a way but not sure.

Tom
    M0RMY

Tom,

There are two ways, but both rely on the band plan being used correctly ... First: you can construct reject filters in the console for each type of cluster- they are all different i.e. DXSpider, CC Cluster or ARC Cluster ...... remember the clusters have no requirement to spot "mode"(would be a nice feature), so a filter has to be done on frequency ..

The easier way is to go to DX Cluster 'Options', 'Spot Filters' and set the F min and F max for just the Phone portion of each band ...

for instance 20m you would set F Min to 14.150Mhz and so on for the other bands ...
    spot.JPG
    Last edited by W3RJW; 02-03-16, 12:52.
    Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.647
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, SteppIR Interface

Comment

Hi cutter,

the explained solution by W3RJW will work of course. But this will castrate the bands within whole HRD Logbook software. I am not sure if this will restrict HRD Logbook in other functionalities. Me myself, I would go the other way for creating spot filters:

==> creating the desired filter in the DX cluster server. That is very easy and really powerful.

You can set the desired filters in your DX cluster by sending commands to the DX cluster server. In the following I am referring to "DX Cluster". Please note that other cluster networks like ARC would use other command references, as already explained by W3RJW. You can send commands to the connected cluster server by the Console. You access the console window by clicking on the button [Show] like displayed on following screenshot: screenshot_dxcluster.jpg

then click on [Console] screenshot_dxcluster_button.jpg

and you will get a different view in the DX cluster window. Scroll down to the bottom of this view because new activity is shown on the bottom. On the upper right part you'll find a field called "Command" where you can enter commands that were explained in detail on the DX cluster command reference. screenshot_dxcluster_command_field.jpg

You should read the link to DX cluster command reference that contains all available commands you can send to the DX cluster server. In your particular example you should concentrate on following commands

accept/spots
      With this command you set the desired filters for the spots you want to have displayed in HRD Logbook DX cluster window.

Example:

I live in Germany and I want to have displayed only these spots that were spotted by ham radio operators living in Europe. I don't care about a spot like VP8SGI that were reported by US stations, because I potentially won't hear VP8SGI. I care only about the spots that were reported by Europe stations because they are geopgraphically located nearby me and the chance to hear the spotted station is much higher. As I have the "smalI" ham radio license here in Germany I am not allowed to operate on 40m, 20m, 17m and 12m. That's why I additionally want to skip all spots on these mentioned bands, too.

For achieving that, my custom filter/command looks like that:
      accept/spots by_zone 14,15,16,20 and (on 10m or on 15m or on 80m or on 160m)

What does that mean in detail? I get displayed only the spots reported by spotters residing in ITU zone 14,15,16 or 20 (that is mostly Europe) AND I want to get displayed them only when the spots are on the bands 10m, 15m, 80m or 160m.

By that I get the DX cluster result as shown on the above screenshot. I get only the desired spots that suit my needs

You can define even more filters and combine them if you like. For further instructions please read the link to the DX cluster command reference.
      • In your particular case where you just want to have displayed spots that operate on SSB only you should use following filter command:
        accept/spots on hf/ssb

Some more commands you certainly will use for managing your filters.
      • To display the active/current filters:
        show/filter
      • To remove all filters:
        clear/spots all
      • To get more help about filtering with examples:
        help filter

While using DX cluster commands for filtering you benefit from ...
      ==> The DX cluster server you are connecting to with your callsign will SAVE and thus REMEMBER your filter settings.
      So you only have to do this once and it is saved for ever until you change your filter or even delete it

When finished creating your filter using the "Command" field, just click on [Show] --> [Spots] to get back to the usual DX spot view. screenshot_display_spots.jpg

When finished please CLOSE the connection to the server (disconnect) by clicking the [Close] button on the left and then click again on this button called [Connect] for allowing the changes to take effect.

In my humble opinion this should be pinned by the forum administrator in HRD LOGBOOK because it's asked many times. By the command reference of the given link you create your own filters.

Hope this helps

Good luck!
      vy 73's de DO4GR
      Last edited by do4gr; 02-04-16, 11:29.

Comment

Thank you Saki (DO4GR).

This is the best example of customizing the DX Cluster that I've seen from anybody, and from a new ham, at that. He's only been licensed less than a year and was able to put down an awesome, easy to read and understand explanation of its workings with images, highlights of the DX Cluster than anywhere else I've seen. Maybe HRD should hire this guy to do the documentation for their suite.

Thanks.
        --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
        2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
        Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
        ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
        ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
        ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
        Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
        M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
        Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
        Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
        Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
        MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
        Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
        Retired July 2011.

Comment

:-) Thanks a lot for the flowers WB5JJJ, I appreciate your comment. Hope this helps. All the best, 73

Comment

Originally posted by do4gr View Post
            ... this should be pinned by the forum administrator in HRD LOGBOOK because it's asked many times. By the command reference of the given link you create your own filters.
            I agree with George, good tutorial Saki - consider it "stuck" :-)

Yaesu FT-920 barefoot
            Microham microKeyer 2
            LDG AT-100 Pro tuner
            133' OCFD "Carolina" windom
            Lenovo T420 i5-2520M 2.5 Ghz 4GB RAM Win 7 Enterprise
            MariaDB SQL database

Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
            Joseph Campbell

Comment

here in the command set for DX Spots. Its just a little different but process is similar

http://www.dxcluster.org/main/adminmanual_en.html#toc1

Comment

Looks pretty the same to me however, thanks for the link. As more information as better ...

Comment

Working...
                X