Cluster window is backwards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cluster window is backwards

V6.4.0.638. My DX Cluster Spots window has suddenly started sorting in the wrong order - the Time column increases down the page, not decreases. Is there a setting to fix this?

Note: I have downgraded to V6.4.0.636 and all is OK.
    Last edited by vk3ohm; 03-14-17, 23:40.
    -------------------------------------
    VK3OHM
    Marc Hillman

Windows 10 64-bit; 8Gb RAM; 8 CPU's; IC-9100; WinKeyer USB; Expert 1K-FA Amplifier; Diamond W-8010 antenna

Mine does not show backwards it is latest time at top? 73 wa4mit
    it does do this when first activated. I guess I had looked at it after it was on a good while before
    Last edited by WA4MIT; 03-15-17, 20:17.

Comment

Are you sure you're using V6.4.0.638? It's a pretty repeatable fault here.
      VK3OHM
      Marc Hillman

Windows 10 64-bit; 8Gb RAM; 8 CPU's; IC-9100; WinKeyer USB; Expert 1K-FA Amplifier; Diamond W-8010 antenna

Comment

HI Interesting are you using the digital view in cluster as there the time is latest on bottom pic 1 effectively all other selecion show latest time on top at my end pic 2

cheers 1.PNG2.PNG
        Transcievers: Icom 7300 - USB (v1.14)
        Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
        Antenna: Various dipoles

PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - Seagate expansion 1To external backup
        Canon Printer and QL700
        PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
        Ham Radio Software : HRD ver 6.4.0.638 - N1MM - MTTY - WSJT-X 1.7.0 - JTAlert 2.9.2
        Memberships: REF - ARRL.
        DXCC : Mixed - CW - Digital.
        WAS : Digital.

Comment

I am using the built-in filter "HF", not "Digital". Why would the Digital filter show them reverse anyway? It is not useful to show any filter in reverse order. Definitely a bug in 638
          VK3OHM
          Marc Hillman

Comment

Originally posted by vk3ohm View Post
            I am using the built-in filter "HF", not "Digital". Why would the Digital filter show them reverse anyway? It is not useful to show any filter in reverse order. Definitely a bug in 638
            Good morning, I just did some checks, I do not think it's a Bug. I did not notice how much you have explained, you could be more specific in describing your problem? DX Cluster is started by 22 hours Show hf, WSI Filter Name, but I do not stop your problem. One thing I noticed when luster throws right for a few seconds the data must be synchronized but then times are regular high to low, or from the most recent time at the older one that is at the bottom. 73 Ale

Comment

The problem is clearly demonstrated in the leftmost image in the posting by F1VEV. The DX spots are shown oldest first, not newest.
              VK3OHM
              Marc Hillman

Comment

[6.4.0.638]
                - WSI is a mess
                - The spots has "mixed order" regarding time
                - I have not worked Niger on any band
                - I have worked Cote d'Ivoire on 17m, but not TU7C
                - It looks like the Cluster keeps adding up spots. I have a limit of max 100 entries, but it adds up on every load, ~200, ~300, ~400, ... and finaly ends on 1000 spots and it looks like that is the limit.
                -----
                Krister, sm2oww
                Yaesu FT-1000MP MARK-V + Yaesu FT-847
                Windows 7 64-bit on Intel G2030 3GHz, 8GB ram, 2 x GeForce 210, 300GB+1TB

Comment

Erik and I plan on spending the entire weekend on these topics (post priorities on our website). I'm not having most of these problems, but I can see them with others.

Mike, WA9PIE
                  Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
                  Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
                  Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
                  9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
                  Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
                  [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
                  CW Honor Roll (289)
                  SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
                  Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
                  Mixed Honor Roll (176)
                  CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
                  Mixed Honor Roll (953)
                  CW (562)
                  SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
                  Yaesu FTdx5000MP, Yaesu Quadra System, microKEYER II
                  Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:
                  Yaesu FT-857D and Digikeyer II

Comment

Originally posted by vk3ohm View Post
                    The problem is clearly demonstrated in the leftmost image in the posting by F1VEV. The DX spots are shown oldest first, not newest.
                    Make this test, go to the DX Cluster Options panel under Appearance, uncheck column: Every Color Alternate Colors. Try to remove the tick close logbook and restarts launches cluster and tell me what happens. 73

Comment

There is a bug or two! This print screen is taken immediately after the cluster made a first reading after the start of the logbook. One can clearly see that the cluster has problems during startup. Compare line by line, the top line with the bottom line, second top line with the second bottom line and so on. One can see that it is the same spot that appears twice, but Worked Bands show completely different information and sometimes even WSI is completely wrong.

Also, the configuration of the Spot Filter is to only show 10 spot! Same configuration, Spot Filter to only show 10 spot, on 6.3.0.466 give only 10 spot and keep the list to only show 10 spot.
                      -----
                      Krister, sm2oww
                      Yaesu FT-1000MP MARK-V + Yaesu FT-847
                      Windows 7 64-bit on Intel G2030 3GHz, 8GB ram, 2 x GeForce 210, 300GB+1TB

Comment

Originally posted by sm2oww View Post
                        There is a bug or two! This print screen is taken immediately after the cluster made a first reading after the start of the logbook. One can clearly see that the cluster has problems during startup. Compare line by line, the top line with the bottom line, second top line with the second bottom line and so on. One can see that it is the same spot that appears twice, but Worked Bands show completely different information and sometimes even WSI is completely wrong.

Also, the configuration of the Spot Filter is to only show 10 spot! Same configuration, Spot Filter to only show 10 spot, on 6.3.0.466 give only 10 spot and keep the list to only show 10 spot.

from what I see it seems to me that they are arranged for groups of spots, I mean: if a spotta station at 1 on 20m and train two Lancai a spot at 1 in 10m and clear that you will find yourself the same time the two stations. however today I did a test on the laptop I also did not find problems of this type, while on a third PC where and yet installed the free version V5 then updated to the latest version, at the end I found the same problem on clusters you have explained. it may just be a coincidence, but to give you a hand I found this one thing.

Comment

Any updates on the cluster showing in reverse order. It only seems to be on start up. I'm using 6.4.0.638 with Windows 7. This update so far has been a good one for me. Heading in the right direction.
                          Bobby KC2BBI

Comment

First time occurrence. Spots sorted in random order on startup. Restart yields similar results. Worked correctly for all previous times, only shows this today.
                            Win 10 Pro 64bit with 8Gb RAM. Version 638 running since released.
                            .. DX Cluster reversed.JPG
                            Last edited by WB5JJJ; 03-29-17, 17:14.
                            --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
                            2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
                            Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
                            ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
                            ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
                            ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
                            Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
                            M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
                            Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
                            Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
                            Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
                            MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
                            Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
                            Retired July 2011.

Comment

I've been experiencing the same out-of-order behavior with the initial load of spots with the 638 build. Adding to this the Time column header doesn't sort the column (or toggle the sort direction) as would be expected.

Since development effort is being expended on the cluster code I thought I'd share a few other issues I have with the cluster code in hopes these might get addressed too:
                              1. There is an option to reconnect to the cluster if the connection is lost. This never happens and has to be done manually.
                                :::(DX Cluster Options > Connection page > Reconnect if connection is lost)
                                :
                              2. After reconnecting to a cluster after losing connectivity, the cluster console is always shown rather than the spots. Reconnect shouldn't change what you opted to show (spots, console, announcements, etc.) rather it should just reconnect.
                                :
                              3. While alternating row colors works for the logbook, in the cluster window it only shows in the WSI fields. It should be for the entire row as it is for the logbook.
                                :::(DX Cluster Options > Appearance page > Colors > Alternate colors every: N rows)
                                :
                              4. Despite the cluster options being configured to load 50 spots on initial connection, it always loads 100 according to the toolbar and new pop-up window.
                                :::(DX Cluster Options > Connection page > Preamble - After connecting load: Spots: 50)
                              I'll leave it to others to chime in whether these are shared frustrations.

Thanks for jumping on the cluster issue.

Dan
                              AE9K

Comment

Working...
                              X