Adding an MSK144 mode to Logbook changes to FSK441

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an MSK144 mode to Logbook changes to FSK441

Having worked my first MSK144 contacts on 6m today, I imported the adi file created by MSV to HRD LB just fine. But when I tried to edit the record, HRD LB changed the mode to FSK441. There is not a "DATA" mode in HRD Logbook mode dropdown, so it defaults to FSK441, which is close, but no prizes there. So I deleted the record and re-imported and I tried to upload the record to LoTW right after import and it was rejected by TQSL adi creation.

In TQSL, I changed the mode mapping of MSK144 to DATA. A valid adi file was created using DATA and LoTW accepted that just fine. While in the record was in the correct mode, I uploaded it to eQSL, QRZ, ClubLog, HRDLog.net and all were uploaded correctly showing MSK144. For the time being, I just need to upload any MSK144 contacts manually to the online logs before editing the entry in my logbook or just leave them unedited until HRD LB supports DATA mode.

Has anyone figured out how to get HRD LB to convert MSK144 to DATA or manually change the mode to DATA, until such a time that the gods at ADIF add MSK144 to the accepted modes?
    Last edited by WB5JJJ; 03-20-17, 17:42.
    --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
    2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
    Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
    ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
    Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
    M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
    Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
    Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
    Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
    MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
    Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
    Retired July 2011.

HRD Logbook <>Tools<>Modes<>Add
    For now, LoTW will only accept DATA, but as you have pointed out, eQSL and some others take MSK144 just fine.
    73, Jim - N4ST
    __________________________________________________ __
    3GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB, Win10 64-bit, TASCAM US-322, FTDI, Ten-Tec Omni VII, HRD 6.2.3.410

Comment

In HRD Logbook go to Tools>>Configure>>Modes
      Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

OK, that works great. The translation from MSK144 to DATA seems to satisfy TQSL, while MSK144 is shown in the LB as desired.

ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
        Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
        Retired July 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by WB5JJJ View Post
          OK, that works great. The translation from MSK144 to DATA seems to satisfy TQSL, while MSK144 is shown in the LB as desired.
          This issue was addressed by a new TQSL configuration file released yesterday 23-Mar-2017.

config.xml version 11.0 has been released.

This is an update release containing additions made since the release of config.xml 10.5

The changes in config.xml 11.0 are:

In the Modes enuramtion added entries for:
          MSK144
          QRA64
          In the Satellite enumeration, added an entry for:
          "EO88": Emirates OSCAR 88 (Nayif-1)
          In the geographic enumerations used by TQSL when specifying station locations:
          Added Primary Administrative Subdivisions (PAS) for Finland, Åland Islands and Märket Reef (kunta)
          Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Went back and modified my MODES entry to show MSK144 > MSK144 and tried an upload to LoTW and it worked. I now have 2 entries for each of the contacts as DATA and MSK144. Of course you can't edit or delete LoTW entries, but from now on, they will be uploaded correctly. Thanks for the heads up. I was not on the air at all yesterday to get the TQSL update.

Licensed in April 1973.
            Retired July 2011.

Comment

Working...
            X