Two Items - ALE not completing data from QRZ & DX Cluster AZ blank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Items - ALE not completing data from QRZ & DX Cluster AZ blank

Occasionally when I start LogBook, and enter a contact in ALE, the Lat/Lon are blank and the Country is blank. As far as the L/L, They appear in the Location Tab and can be uploaded using the up arrow to the Contact page. As for the Country, the drop down is blank with no choices. I shut down Logbook and restarted it and this was corrected.

Secondly, the DX Cluster occasionally comes up with just dashes in the AZ column. Again a shutdown and restart of Logbook corrects this.

This computer was recently automatically updated to Win 10 Creators Edition and that's when these items first appeared.

Running .647 on Win 10 Pro CE with 8Gb Ram

This is not a regular thing, but just curious if anybody else has had this occurrence before I submit a ticket.
    --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
    2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
    Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
    ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
    Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
    M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
    Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
    Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
    Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
    MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
    Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
    Retired July 2011.

Exactly.. I'm having the same problem. ALE doesn't populate all the fields, and recently my DIST field has ---- (dashes) instead of the miles to station.
    Changing DX clusters sometimes fixes it, other times not.
    Running the latest build. 6.0.647
    A problem I have had for awhile is the 'smashing' of 2 QRZ.com records. This happens on a WIN7 machine, new rebuilt for HRD.

It's like the buffer doesn't clear out and the next QRZ record is somehow overlaid.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of the munged record. KD2BRN is in NY not Florida. -- Click the RED RESET, fields blank, then its corrected. Look at the LOOKUP SCREEN, its got all incorrect data. KD2BRN is Charles, but who the heck is CHANDRA? -- His email is correct, but the DIST is incorrect and the GRID is FN30... a MESS
      Last edited by KD2HDZ; 06-09-17, 22:00.

Comment

Working...
      X