QSO Relay version 1.3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QSO Relay version 1.3

Please be advised that a new release of QSO Relay (Version 1.3) is now available at http://www.vk2byi.com.au/qsorelay/

QSO Relay (v1.3) addresses the following issues:
    • Modified to work with JTAlertX 2.9.7 onwards using its ‘Standard ADIF File’ and ‘Last QSO API’ logging features;
    • Added HRD Logbook duplicate checking and reporting during Database Synchronisation;
    • Added more support for globalization of digit grouping and decimal symbols.
    Please ensure you also download and read the latest documentaion.

Again we wish to thank all users for their positive feedback and patience in working with us to resolve some of the issues experienced.

We also acknowledge and thank beta testing support from Mikko OH8EJW and Bob K1RI and others who have offered and will no doubt be used in the future.

DE Bruce
    VK2RT

Can anyone who is using QSO Relay look at one or two JT mode adi exports from HRD 6.467 and look in the county part and see if your export has a double state entry such as this: <cnty:20>VA,VA,Prince William. I happen to notice this while looking at an export from my logbook recently and all JT mode contacts are this way using the adi export. This started about May 5th or 6th when I started using QSO Relay to post JT contacts directly into HRD.647 through JTAlert. I am not sure where this is coming from but JTAlert seems to be a prime suspect at this point. Thanks 73 Morris wa4mit

Comment

Actually, I believe that it is HRD doing this. I remember there being a complaint about this years ago, but I don't remember how it was addressed. If you just do a simple ADIF export from HRD you will see each county is marked with the double state prefix. QSO Relay is just using what HRD is giving it. HRD just uses one state prefixed when listing counties in the logbook, however.

What I am disappointed in, is that a QSO Relay synchronize copies ALL the HRD logbook entries, not just the appropriate digital contacts. I really don't need 40,000 CW qsos in my JT logbook.
      Last edited by N4ST; 06-04-17, 15:54.
      73, Jim - N4ST
      __________________________________________________ __
      3GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB, Win10 64-bit, TASCAM US-322, FTDI, Ten-Tec Omni VII, HRD 6.2.3.410

Comment

Hi Jim actually this is only occurring on JT mode contacts not psk, ssb and this only started in my log about the time I started using QSORelay 5/6/17 entries prior to this date did not do this.So this is something new unique to JT entries. Chris VK2BYI seems to suspect JTAlert can you look at a adif export of a few contacts and check if your seeing this also. Thanks Morris wa4mit

Comment

Here is my last contact as listed in the JTAlert ADIF file:
          JT Alert is writing the county as: "State,County".

JTAlert ADIF Log:
          <CALL:4>WQ5C<QSO_DATE:8>20170607<TIME_ON:6>152000< TIME_OFF:6>152400<FREQ:7>50.2781<FREQ_RX:7>50.2781 <BAND:2>6m<BAND_RX:2>6m<MODE:4>JT65<RST_SENT:3>-04<RST_RCVD:3>-05<LOTW_QSL_SENT:1>R<LOTW_QSL_RCVD:1>R<EQSL_QSL_SE NT:1>R<EQSL_QSL_RCVD:1>R<QSLMSG:5>My CQ<GRIDSQUARE:6>EL09ws<DISTANCE:4>2144<TX_PWR:2>50 <A_INDEX:1>5<K_INDEX:1>1<SFI:2>75<COMMENT:5>My CQ<NAME:7>Michael<QTH:13>New Braunfels<STATE:2>TX<CQZ:1>4<ITUZ:1>7<PFX:3>WQ5<CO NT:2>NA<CNTY:8>TX,Comal<ADDRESS:79>Michael S Pfeuffer
          3485 RIVER RD
          NEW BRAUNFELS
          TX, 78132-3124
          United States<DXCC:3>291<COUNTRY:13>United States<MY_GRIDSQUARE:6>FM18ke<MY_CQ_ZONE:1>5<MY_IT U_ZONE:1>8<STATION_CALLSIGN:4>N4ST<QSO_COMPLETE:1> Y<ANT_AZ:3>250<EOR>

HRD Logbook ADIF Export:
          <address:70>Michael S Pfeuffer3485 RIVER RDNEW BRAUNFELSTX,78132-3124United States <a_index:3>5.0 <ant_az:5>250.0
          <ant_el:3>0.0 <band:2>6m <band_rx:2>6m <call:4>WQ5C <cnty:11>TX,TX,Comal <comment:5>My CQ <cont:2>NA
          <country:13>United States <cqz:1>4 <distance:8>2146.224 <dxcc:3>291 <eqsl_qsl_rcvd:1>R <eqsl_qsl_sent:1>R
          <force_init:1>N <freq:9>50.278100 <gridsquare:6>EL09ws <ituz:1>7 <k_index:3>1.0 <lat:11>N000 00.000 <lon:11>E000 00.000
          <lotw_qsl_rcvd:1>R <lotw_qsl_sent:1>R <mode:4>JT65 <my_cq_zone:1>5 <my_gridsquare:6>FM18ke <my_itu_zone:1>8
          <my_lat:11>N000 00.000 <my_lon:11>E000 00.000 <name:7>Michael <pfx:3>WQ5 <qslmsg:5>My CQ <qsl_rcvd:1>N
          <qsl_sent:1>N <qso_complete:1>Y <qso_random:1>N <qth:13>New Braunfels <rst_rcvd:3>-05 <rst_sent:3>-04
          <rx_pwr:3>0.0 <sfi:4>75.0 <state:2>TX <station_callsign:4>N4ST <swl:1>N <time_off:6>152400 <time_on:6>152000
          <tx_pwr:6>50.000 <hrdcountryno:3>291 <qso_date:8>20170607 <EOR>

HRD now shows "State,State,County"
          HOWEVER, if I export an HRD Logbook entry that did not come from JTAlert it only shows "State, County"

The problem would have to be fixed in QSO Relay, because VK3AMA isn't coordinating with the HRD folks.

73, Jim - N4ST
          3GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB, Win10 64-bit, TASCAM US-322, FTDI, Ten-Tec Omni VII, HRD 6.2.3.410

Comment

Originally posted by N4ST View Post
            Here is my last contact as listed in the JTAlert ADIF file:
            JT Alert is writing the county as: "State,County".

JTAlert ADIF Log:
            <CALL:4>WQ5C<QSO_DATE:8>20170607<TIME_ON:6>152000< TIME_OFF:6>152400<FREQ:7>50.2781<FREQ_RX:7>50.2781 <BAND:2>6m<BAND_RX:2>6m<MODE:4>JT65<RST_SENT:3>-04<RST_RCVD:3>-05<LOTW_QSL_SENT:1>R<LOTW_QSL_RCVD:1>R<EQSL_QSL_SE NT:1>R<EQSL_QSL_RCVD:1>R<QSLMSG:5>My CQ<GRIDSQUARE:6>EL09ws<DISTANCE:4>2144<TX_PWR:2>50 <A_INDEX:1>5<K_INDEX:1>1<SFI:2>75<COMMENT:5>My CQ<NAME:7>Michael<QTH:13>New Braunfels<STATE:2>TX<CQZ:1>4<ITUZ:1>7<PFX:3>WQ5<CO NT:2>NA<CNTY:8>TX,Comal<ADDRESS:79>Michael S Pfeuffer
            3485 RIVER RD
            NEW BRAUNFELS
            TX, 78132-3124
            United States<DXCC:3>291<COUNTRY:13>United States<MY_GRIDSQUARE:6>FM18ke<MY_CQ_ZONE:1>5<MY_IT U_ZONE:1>8<STATION_CALLSIGN:4>N4ST<QSO_COMPLETE:1> Y<ANT_AZ:3>250<EOR>

HRD Logbook ADIF Export:
            <address:70>Michael S Pfeuffer3485 RIVER RDNEW BRAUNFELSTX,78132-3124United States <a_index:3>5.0 <ant_az:5>250.0
            <ant_el:3>0.0 <band:2>6m <band_rx:2>6m <call:4>WQ5C <cnty:11>TX,TX,Comal <comment:5>My CQ <cont:2>NA
            <country:13>United States <cqz:1>4 <distance:8>2146.224 <dxcc:3>291 <eqsl_qsl_rcvd:1>R <eqsl_qsl_sent:1>R
            <force_init:1>N <freq:9>50.278100 <gridsquare:6>EL09ws <ituz:1>7 <k_index:3>1.0 <lat:11>N000 00.000 <lon:11>E000 00.000
            <lotw_qsl_rcvd:1>R <lotw_qsl_sent:1>R <mode:4>JT65 <my_cq_zone:1>5 <my_gridsquare:6>FM18ke <my_itu_zone:1>8
            <my_lat:11>N000 00.000 <my_lon:11>E000 00.000 <name:7>Michael <pfx:3>WQ5 <qslmsg:5>My CQ <qsl_rcvd:1>N
            <qsl_sent:1>N <qso_complete:1>Y <qso_random:1>N <qth:13>New Braunfels <rst_rcvd:3>-05 <rst_sent:3>-04
            <rx_pwr:3>0.0 <sfi:4>75.0 <state:2>TX <station_callsign:4>N4ST <swl:1>N <time_off:6>152400 <time_on:6>152000
            <tx_pwr:6>50.000 <hrdcountryno:3>291 <qso_date:8>20170607 <EOR>

HRD now shows "State,State,County"
            HOWEVER, if I export an HRD Logbook entry that did not come from JTAlert it only shows "State, County"

The problem would have to be fixed in QSO Relay, because VK3AMA isn't coordinating with the HRD folks.
            Posting using my alternate Callsign as my VK3AMA account is still unable to post or reply to messages and my last created account, as a workaround, VK3_AMA, has been removed. Clearly there is no interest in having me post as VK3AMA to this forum. I don't know why.

There is nothing wrong with the ADIF record produced by JTAlert. Per the ADIF specifications, the CNTY field is of the format "2 char State code, Comma, Country name" <CNTY:8>TX,Comal is of the correct format. Your message clearly shows that the JTAlert produced data is formatted correctly.

What happens after JTAlert produces this correctly format data I have no control over. The problem is likely in how the JTAlert adif data is getting written to HRD.

FWIW, there have been zero reports of this problem on the JTAlert Support forum. I have not received any JTAlert support emails which would contain the needed debug data to investigate a possible defect.

Regarding "coordinating with the HRD folks". What is there to coordinate?

de Laurie, VK3AMA

Comment

Laurie - Yes, you are 100% correct. It is not a JTAlert problem. There is nothing to be changed in JTAlert. If I go back and look at my HRD Logbook prior to using QSO Relay, where I imported the JTAlert ADIF file directly into HRD Logbook, the entries are of the correct format, with only one state abbreviation. The problem will have to be fixed in QSO Relay.
              Last edited by N4ST; 06-08-17, 17:28. Reason: More Info
              73, Jim - N4ST

Comment

Laurie is the file named "last qso" located in AppData\Local\HamApps\******\logs\ the next contact qso that is to be logged?. If not where is the next to be logged located?. Thanks 73 Morris WA4MIT
                I did a little test trying to see if HRD was the culprit, as is this above mentioned file would not import into HRD it has no header so I gave it a header and it would then import into HRD then exporting this one file shows a normal resulting adif export with no double state in the county part of the adi file. So like you guys concluded I think this has to be happening when QSO Relay imports into HRD. But I just had to convince myself of this hi hi ... Morris
                Last edited by WA4MIT; 06-10-17, 17:05.

Comment

Actually, I believe that it is HRD doing this. I remember there being a complaint about this years ago, but I don't remember how it was addressed. If you just do a simple ADIF export from HRD you will see each county is marked with the double state prefix. QSO Relay is just using what HRD is giving it. HRD just uses one state prefixed when listing counties in the logbook, however.

What I am disappointed in, is that a QSO Relay synchronize copies ALL the HRD logbook entries, not just the appropriate digital contacts. I really don't need 40,000 CW qsos in my JT logbook.
                  Hi Jim,
                  Sorry to read about your disappointment, but I am here to help.

We made the decision to include all HRD Logbook entries because JTAlert supports 'Any Mode', 'By Individual Mode (JT9, JT65)' or 'Any Digital Mode' tracking. Also, it makes it easier to reconcile row counts.

However, I appreciate your comment as well. So the next release of QSO Relay (v1.5) will have a feature whereby you can select 'All', 'JT Modes', or 'All Digital Modes' as well.

73 Chris VK2BYI

Comment

Originally posted by VK3TC View Post

There is nothing wrong with the ADIF record produced by JTAlert. Per the ADIF specifications, the CNTY field is of the format "2 char State code, Comma, Country name" <CNTY:8>TX,Comal is of the correct format. Your message clearly shows that the JTAlert produced data is formatted correctly.

What happens after JTAlert produces this correctly format data I have no control over. The problem is likely in how the JTAlert adif data is getting written to HRD.

FWIW, there have been zero reports of this problem on the JTAlert Support forum. I have not received any JTAlert support emails which would contain the needed debug data to investigate a possible defect.
                    Hi Jim and Laurie,
                    I agree 100% with Laurie re the ADIF specifications and the formatting of the CNTY field. Also, QSO Relay does not transform the field values, it just converts the UDP packet data sent by JTAlert from the ADIF record syntax to the HRD Log API 'db add' command line interface syntax.

I assumed when building QSO Relay that because the 'db add' command used ADIF field names, it would also use ADIF field values. If that is not the case, then my bad, and I will modify QSO Relay accordingly.

So, in the next release (v1.5) I will, for example, convert <STATE:2>TX to STATE="TX" (no change), and <CNTY:8>TX,Comal to CNTY="Comal" (remove the STATE and ,) Then, the only concatenation of State and County will occur during a HRD Logbook ADIF export resulting in <CNTY:8>TX,Comal in that file.

I will post here and in the vk2byi-qsorelay@groups.io support forum when the new release is available for download.

Thanks Jim, Laurie and Morris

73 Chris VK2BYI

Comment

Originally posted by vk2byi View Post

Hi Jim,
                      Sorry to read about your disappointment, but I am here to help.

We made the decision to include all HRD Logbook entries because JTAlert supports 'Any Mode', 'By Individual Mode (JT9, JT65)' or 'Any Digital Mode' tracking. Also, it makes it easier to reconcile row counts.

However, I appreciate your comment as well. So the next release of QSO Relay (v1.5) will have a feature whereby you can select 'All', 'JT Modes', or 'All Digital Modes' as well.

73 Chris VK2BYI
                      Hi Chris,
                      i for one like to keep ALL my QSOs in one log so am very happy to keep the complete log synced. Carry on the good work both Chris and Laurie.

Regards, Antony G4CUS

TS990 - Quadra
                      Signalink-usb - RS232 to usb adapter - http://www.easysync-ltd.com
                      Windows 10 AMD A8-5500 APU 3.20GHz 64-bit 10GB RAM
                      HRD 6.4.0.647

Comment

Chris - First, thanks for a great product in QSO Relay. It really fills the gap. My original objection to having all QSOs in JTAlert was whether this slowed down any "B4" or "Wanted" processing during that critical 10 seconds between the end of the decode cycle and the start of the next minute. I had wondered about the difference between 10,000 QSOs and 50,000 QSOs if this would bog things down. My concern may have been unfounded.
                        73, Jim - N4ST

Comment

Chris - First, thanks for a great product in QSO Relay. It really fills the gap. My original objection to having all QSOs in JTAlert was whether this slowed down any "B4" or "Wanted" processing during that critical 10 seconds between the end of the decode cycle and the start of the next minute. I had wondered about the difference between 10,000 QSOs and 50,000 QSOs if this would bog things down. My concern may have been unfounded.
                          Hi, I have over 65k QSOs in my log. The B4 shows very very quickly.
                          Regards, Antony G4CUS

TS990 - Quadra
                          Signalink-usb - RS232 to usb adapter - http://www.easysync-ltd.com
                          Windows 10 AMD A8-5500 APU 3.20GHz 64-bit 10GB RAM
                          HRD 6.4.0.647

Comment

Hi Don,

Thank you for your kind words.

It will reduce the time taken for QSO Relay to produce the ADIF file for JTAlert to be able to Scan Log and Update. However, I don't believe it will have any impact on what occurs at the end of the decode cycle as Antony's post would suggest (thanks Antony). But I am happy for Laurie, or anyone else, to correct me on that point.

However, it does makes sense to me that if you are not wanting to do Alert tracking on 40,000 CW mode contacts, then there is no need for QSO Relay to download them to the ADIF file for JTAlert to scan. So with version 1.5 of QSO Relay, you now have an option to select JT Mode only, or Digital Mode only, instead of all contacts, according to your Alert tracking requirements.
                            ​​​​​​
                            73 Chris VK2BYI​
                            Last edited by vk2byi; 06-12-17, 05:22.

Comment

The latest release of QSO Relay (v1.5) is now available for download from the QSO Relay page, or by selecting the Check for Updates... option on the QSO Relay menu if you already have an earlier version installed.

This version is a minor release only, that adds a new feature, and that corrects a minor issue. Most users will notice very little change in functionality.
                              • Added a new feature whereby the scope of rows to be extracted from HRD Logbook during a synchronise database operation, can be filtered to 'All contacts', 'JT Mode contacts only' or 'Digital mode contacts only';
                              • Corrected the contents of the County field when a new QSO is being added to HRD Logbook, to provide the County value only, and not the State and County values for US contacts. The State value is still provided in the State field.

Again, we wish to thank all users for their positive feedback and patience in working with us to resolve some of the issues experienced.

73 Chris
                              VK2BYI
                              Last edited by vk2byi; 06-12-17, 05:24. Reason: Fixed typos

Comment

Working...
                              X