Ten Tec Orion II won't connect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Tec Orion II won't connect

Downloaded (2X) the new version 6.4 and installed it. Orion II acts like it starts to connect, (HRD Screen shows the radio freq) but the frequency display freezes immediately and there's no connection. None of the sliders work, etc.

I then installed an older version (6.3.0.472) and it connects and works fine. I have created a trouble ticket for this, but I thought maybe someone else had an Orion and wondered if 6.4 works for them?

Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc

I can connect OK to an Orion II but there is a problem with very delayed response from band select buttons. Otherwise it works. Can you provide a screenshot of your settings used to connect to the radio? Also what Orion II firmware are you using?

Comment

I see some other issues...pressing a band change button on the radio does not update Rig Control for over a minute. Changing the frequency on the VFO does not update Rig Control. Changing frequency on Rig Control does update the radio.

Comment

​This Connect works FB with version 6.3.0.472. Version 6.4 does not work these parameters or others.

Comment

Same problem here with 6.4.0.638.I use a TEN-TEC orion 2 with microkeyer.The freq is ok on the microkeyer but nothing works on the rig control.It was OK with a previous version.Nothing has changed here !.Also hitting a favorite will do nothing.And there seems to be more wrong on DM780 .This is a dissaster.I can not find a version that works.If someone has a previous version that works ,please send it via email info@on7ql.be 73 Michel ON7QL
          The email adress will not allow big data transfer.Please use www.wetransfer.com
          Last edited by MikeON7QL; 03-14-17, 09:18.

Comment

Mike, I just talked with Tim in support regarding this issue. He feels it is something they did with this current release and the programmers will have to fix it. In the meantime, I am going to reinstall an older version (I think I have 6.3.0.472 somewhere) and will use that if it works. It did previously. Good luck and watch for a fix for our problem in the release notes. 73, Rod/w7zrc

Comment

Hello Rod W7ZRC ,could you please send me the 6.3.0.472 ,i do not have this anymore.Many Thanks 73 Michel info@on7ql.be.
              The email adress will not allow big data transfer.Please use www.wetransfer.com
              Last edited by MikeON7QL; 03-14-17, 09:17.

Comment

Back to 6.3.0.472 thanks to Rod W7ZRC.Everything is OK now.Will wait to update until i am sure it is OK.

Comment

Have send a support ticket since Monday 13 .Notting heard about a solution.

Comment

NO NO solution yet !!!! .I am wondering what is happening.Anybody have more news on this issue ??

Comment

It is an acknowledged issue and on the list of bugs to be fixed, but the developers are currently focusing on an issue affecting many customers. As a work-around, you can try to connect to your radio as an Eagle. It will have limited functionality but it does work for me.

Comment

Why is page 2 been deleted on this topic ??.no news since 03-11-17 on this issue ? When can we expect a solution.
                        I hear great things from Dayton ,but they are now not for ten-tec users because of this issue.
                        Last edited by MikeON7QL; Yesterday, 10:27.

Comment

About 6 weeks of data, including threads on this forum and tickets were accidentally deleted by someone at HRD. You should call to make sure that your ticket on this issue was not lost, because I suspect the squeaky wheel will be next to be greased.

Comment

Working...
                          X