HRD can't connect to SignaLink USB and Yaesu FT-857D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRD can't connect to SignaLink USB and Yaesu FT-857D

I just (accidentally) installed a large Windows 10 update and now HRD 6.4.0.638 can't connect to a Yaesu FT-857D through a SignaLink USB. HRD needs a COM port number but the Device Manager in Windows 10 doesn't list COM ports. The hardware worked fine before so I doubt it's a hardware problem. How can I get this connected? Thanks - Keith K2UNI

The SignaLink USB is seem as a sound card. Look for a USB Audio CODEC device.

Comment

I have the same problem, except its a new Signalink on a Yaesu 1000-D...Also recently upgraded to Win-10.Gary-wi3l

Comment

You should see in the Device Manager under sounds ... a USB Audio CODEC. This is the 'sound card' for DM-780. It should be installed by the Signalink.

To get to the Device Manager, right click on the 'Start' button and select, device manager.

SignaLinks are external Sound Cards and not Rig Control Interfaces. They do not or ever have regardless of Windows version install a comm port. You must have an additional device that needs the correct driver to be recognized by Windows 10. If it was working, it still should be. Windows 10 upgrades do not randomly remove devices. Look for devices not working in the device manager and load the correct/updated device driver.
        Rigs: IC-756 Pro III, IC-9100 [full options], IC-706MkIIg
        Interfaces: microHam MicroKeyer II & Station Master & USB3 - DSP-2232, PK-900 Full Mods, PK-232MBX/SC/USB and HK-232MBX/SC/USB
        Rotors: HyGain T2X W/Idiom Press Rotor EZ & Yaesu G-5400 W/GS-232
        PCs: i7-4770 Quad Core @ 4.03 GHz, W/32Gb Mem, 256Gb RAID 1 SSD Boot & 2 Tb Raid 1 Storage Drive, dual 28" Monitors
        i7-980 Hex Core, W/12 Gb Mem, 256Gb RAID 1 SSD Boot & 4.5Tb RAID 10 Storage Drive, dual 24" Monitors
        i7-960 Quad Core, W/12Gb Mem, 2 Tb RAID 1 Hard Drive, quad 19" Monitors
        i7-950 Quad Core, W/12Gb Mem, 256Gb RAID 1 SSD Boot & 2Tb RAID 1 Storage Drive, dual 24" Monitors
        Toshiba i5-3317 Laptop W/8Gb, 698Gb Hard Drive, 16" Screen
        All Running Win7 Enterprise 64 Bit - MySQL for Database
        I also use a KA9MOT SDR Pan Adapter using the RTL2838 Dongle for my IC-756 Pro III

Comment

Working...
        X